Assistant Controller, Palm Coast
Yellowstone Landscape is a professional horticultural organization dedicated to creating premier properties and building lasting relationships throughout Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. We currently serve clients from branch locations across the South. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
Our growing company is looking for a professional and dynamic Assistant Controller. In this fast-paced position, the Assistant Controller will work closely with the Corporate Controller and Accounting Staff in preparing and reporting financial statements and reports.
- Assisting the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of an organization.
- Assisting the controller in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of financial statements that conform to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of financial reports and overseeing their evaluation.
- Presenting the various accounting reports to the top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
- Monitoring operations of the company, including participation in branch financial reviews.
- Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Reviewing financial data periodically to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
- Developing system controls for ensuring data integrity.
- Developing proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Conducting account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assisting in the company’s monthly and yearly closing.
- Monitoring percentage completion revenue recognition for installation projects.
- Backup for payroll processing.
- Assisting in special projects whenever asked.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Tax, Audit or Finance.
- Professional certification like CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and CFM (Certified Financial Manager) desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting packages, particularly Deltek, is desirable.
- Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm is beneficial.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive compensation package and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K and PTO.
How To Apply